Internal alterations, installation of fittings and structural alterations are all likely to require building regulations approval.
Installation of fittings includes:
- Replacement windows (though not if installed by a Registered member of FENSA or CERTASS)
- Additional sanitary fittings (but not including direct replacements)
- Installation of a multi-fuel stove
Internal alterations includes:
Formation of an additional room (including splitting an existing room into two separate rooms)
Structural alterations includes:
- Underpinning work
- A new window or door opening
- Removal or partial removal of a load bearing wall, or a chimney breast
For further clarification, please contact Building Control.
Apply for approval
For some Full Plans applications, part of the fee is payable upon submission of the application and the other part is invoiced for, after the first inspection by Building Control officers. This is dependant on the work category and is shown within the charges information.
For a Building Notice application, fee is payable upon submission of the application.
Either of the following application forms may be used.
The choice will largely be dependent on whether the reassurance of an approved plan(s) is preferred prior to the works commencing.
- Application form: Building notice
- Application form: Full plans
- Charges: Domestic Alterations (Replacement Windows, Electrics, Re-Roofing etc)
All non-domestic work must use the following form:
Please contact the Building Control Helpline and the Team will be able to provide you with a fee quote
- 0161 770 4122