Greenacres cemetery opened in 1857 and was designed by Manchester architect N G Pennington who also designed Chadderton Cemetery.
The cemetery is on the north-west side of the Medlock Valley.
Throughout the cemetery there are dramatic views to the south and east across the Medlock Valley to the Pennine foothills beyond.
There are lots of beautiful paths winding through the cemetery.
Greenacres Cemetery is a Grade Two site of national importance on the English Heritage Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England.
Learn more about listing and designation on the English Heritage website.
Listing and designation - English Heritage website