Chadderton Cemetery opened in 1857.
It was designed by Manchester architect N G Pennington who also designed Greenacres Cemetery in Oldham.
The Anglican mortuary chapel is 130 metres north-west of the main entrance and is a small Gothic building with a steeply pitched slate roof and a small entrance porch to the south, with views north over the lower area of the cemetery.
There are lots of beautiful walks through the cemetery, with plantings and many fine monuments.
Chadderton Cemetery is a Grade Two site of national importance on the English Heritage Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England.