We get lots of enquiries from people wanting to transfer to Oldham and the process is quicker and easier than you think.
Why foster for Oldham?
There are lots of reasons why carers transfer from independent fostering agencies to Oldham. We offer:
- Competitive payments and allowances.
- Regular placements, including children and young people on a long-term basis.
- Considered matching. We know our children and we know our carers.
- Local placements – reducing the amount of time travelling to and from schools and contact.
- More streamlined support – the children’s social workers and fostering social workers sit in the same office.
How do I transfer?
Call 0161 770 6600 or complete our online enquiry form. We will then arrange to visit you and discuss the process in more detail.
If you already have a child in placement we would have to consider what is best for you and that child. Oldham follows the good practice guidelines set out by The Fostering Network.