If you think you need some help to live at home, we can carry out an assessment to help us understand your needs.

We will look at the everyday things you want to be able to do, and the impact on your day-to-day life of not being able to do them.

Once this is done we can give you advice about services or facilities available in your local community which might help meet your needs: 

Request support from Adult Social Care

Care in your home

If you need it, a paid carer can regularly visit your home to support you with daily tasks.

This can be long term or just while you get your strength and confidence back after illness or injury.

They can support you with:

  • dressing and undressing
  • getting washed and using the toilet
  • getting in and out of bed
  • prepare meals
  • reminding you to take your medicines

Private agency care

The fastest way to get paid carers is to arrange and pay for them yourself through a care agency.

Often their care can include extra help like cleaning, companionship, and getting out and about.

Free NHS care

If you have long term complex health needs, you might qualify for free home care from the NHS.

You will need to ask your GP or social worker to arrange an assessment.


We can advise you about practical things that might make your life easier and help you to do things for yourself.

This could include things like grab rails to help you get out of bed, personal alarms which alert someone in case you have a fall, or walking aids that help you move around.

Paying for your care

When you get care and support through the council, you might get help to pay for some or all of it.

To see if you qualify for help to pay, you will need a financial assessment.

Short term support

Care and support services may be provided on a short term basis, to help you regain your independence after a period of illness, an injury, the onset of disability.

This support is provided by the Reablement Service for up to 6 weeks.