My Account routine maintenance

The My Account system will be undergoing routine maintenance on Sunday 16 February 2020.

Affected services


Obtain a licence for building site hoardings:

  • Phone 0161 770 4730

Put up a hoarding on Council-owned land:

  • Phone 0161 770 4549

Advertisement control

Advertisement Consent and other types of planning consent (e.g. full planning permission or listed building consent) are required for certain types of advertisements.

Download the guide

The following guide explains how the system of advertisement control works in England.

The guide is for anyone who wants to display an outdoor advertisement.

It takes account of the provisions of the Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (England) Regulations 2007.

Contact the Planning Team if you need more advice.