Extended Services work with schools to develop a core of services in and around schools.
How does it work?
Extended Services Development Officers support schools in a number of ways:
- Development of school and community partnerships and projects
- Training and advice
- Applications for funding
- Co-ordination of projects and activity
- Support for schools to develop elements of the core offer where there may be gaps
Officers have an in-depth understanding of local areas and services available to families, can provide a link between schools and other services, and can help schools achieve the nationally recognised Leading Parent Partnership Advisers (LPPA) award.
Extended Services includes access to:
- Study Support
- Parent Support Adviser Team
- Community use of school buildings
- Family learning opportunities
- Referral into specialist services
- Linking between schools