Changing Schools (In-year transfers)
Changing your child’s school at any other time of the year
Parents must ensure that the in-year transfer form is completed in full and submitted with any supplementary documentation.
An application will not be considered more than 30 school days in advance of the intended start date. Children must be in the UK before an application can be considered.
Parents will be able to apply for any school (excluding independent schools), and give reasons for their preferences.
The application will ask the parent to:
- Express up to three preferences
- List their preferences in rank order
- Give details of siblings who currently attend the preferred school
- Give details of the child for whom the application is being made
- Indicate if the child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs
- Give reasons for their preferences
- Name the child’s current school
If there are more applications than places available, Oldham Council and/or schools who are their own admissions authority will apply their oversubscription criteria.
If the school is oversubscribed the child will be placed on the waiting list.
For advice on the allocation and in year transfer process and support with completing online applications, drop in sessions are held with School Admissions Team staff every Thursday throughout the year (no appointment necessary) in Access Oldham, Civic Centre, Oldham between 10am and 12pm.
If you are transferring your child to one of the following schools, please return the in year form to the school:
|NEWMAN COLLEGE||VA Roman Catholic|
|EC ST GEORGES||ACADEMY|
|EC ST JAMES||Voluntary Aided C of E|
|ST MARYS CE HIGH CROMPTON||Voluntary Aided C of E|
|ST THOMAS LEESFIELD||Voluntary Aided C of E|
|ST THOMAS MOORSIDE||Voluntary Aided C of E|
|SS AIDANS & OSWALDS RC||VA Roman Catholic|
|ST ANNES RC GREENACRES||VA Roman Catholic|
|ST PATRICKS||VA Roman Catholic|
- About Primary school admissions
- About Secondary school admissions
- Primary schools in Oldham
- Secondary schools in Oldham