We have lifted some of the final restrictions at the HWRCs which are as follows;
- Trailers are now allowed.
- Members of the public with vehicles over 2m can now access our waste transfer facilities.
- We are now accepting plasterboard and asbestos.
The only items we are not accepting at the moment are textiles, clothes and shoes.
You will be able to take most items for recycling to your local recycling centre. For the full list of what you can take and opening times, please visit:
- Recycle for Greater Manchester - website
Please follow social distancing measures on site:
- Stay two metres (six feet) away from other visitors and staff at all times.
- Two people from the same household may leave their vehicle only to carry large items.
- Other passengers must remain in the car
- Only visit if you really need to
Vans under 2 metres will also be allowed access for residents to bring their household waste. The visit limits introduced in February this year remain in place:
- Cars can visit up to 52 times a year
- Vans under 3.5 tonnes can visit 18 times a year
- Vans over 3.5 tonnes can visit 12 times a year
Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) and CCTV is in place across all sites to monitor vehicle visits and there is strictly no trade waste accepted.
Any traders wanting to bring their waste should use the weighbridges at the recycling centres as trade waste isn’t accepted through the household waste recycling centres.
A new contactless payment system is being introduced for traders who do not have an account at the recycling centres, and PPE must be worn at all times.
Recycling Centre Rules
- No trade waste
- No pedestrian access
- SUEZ staff will not be able to help unload your vehicle
- ANPR and CCTV are in operation
- Please expect to queue for longer than usual due to social distancing restrictions in place. Please make sure you don’t block access for other road users
Other sites in Greater Manchester
See the Recycle for Greater Manchester website for details of the restrictions at each site.