Details of opening hours and what you can take are on the Recycle for Greater Manchester website:
- Arkwright Street Recycling Centre - Recycle for Greater Manchester website
- Reliance Street Recycling Centre - Recycle for Greater Manchester website
Please follow social distancing measures on site:
- wear a face covering to protect yourself, staff, and other users
- plan your visit, weekdays are less busy
- sort waste and recycling before your visit to minimise time on site
- all recycling containers are open
- wash your hands before and after your visit
Vans under 2 metres will also be allowed access for residents to bring their household waste.
The visit limits introduced in February 2020 remain in place:
- Cars can visit up to 52 times a year (a year runs from 1 April – 31 March)
- Vans under 3.5 tonnes can visit 18 times a year
- Vans over 3.5 tonnes can visit 12 times a year
Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) and CCTV is in place across all sites to monitor vehicle visits and there is strictly no trade waste accepted.
Any traders wanting to bring their waste should use the weighbridges at the recycling centres as trade waste isn’t accepted through the household waste recycling centres.
A new contactless payment system is being introduced for traders who do not have an account at the recycling centres, and PPE must be worn at all times.
Recycling centre rules
- No trade waste
- No pedestrian access
- SUEZ staff will not be able to help unload your vehicle
- ANPR and CCTV are in operation
- Please expect to queue for longer than usual due to social distancing restrictions in place. Please make sure you don’t block access for other road users