Need help managing your rubbish?
If you regularly find that you have too much rubbish for your grey bin, there are lots of things you can do.
Check you are putting things in the correct bin:
Here are the top things that people
put in their grey bin that could actually be recycled:
- Unopened, out-of-date food can go in your food caddy and the packaging in the right recycling bin (e.g. cans in brown bin, paper packaging in blue bin).
- Leftover takeaway rubbish should all go into your food caddy and foil containers in the brown bin.
- Plate leftovers and fruit or vegetable peelings can all go in your food caddy.
- Aerosols should go in your brown bin.
- Tin foil and foil food trays go in your brown bin.
- Plastic bottles can all go in your brown bin.
- Cartons e.g. juice cartons (tetra packs) are cardboard and should all go in blue bin.
- Cardboard boxes e.g. egg boxes, cereal boxes go in your blue bin.
Consider buying things with less packaging:
If you are recycling everything and still have too much rubbish, you may be eligible to apply for an extra grey bin: