What you can compost
- Fruit and vegetable peelings
- Cardboard and paper
You can mix wet, 'green' materials (e.g. peelings and grass clippings) with dry, 'brown' materials (twigs, cardboard and paper).
How to compost
- Open pile in the garden
- Build your own compost box
- Buy a bin - £17.98 (plus £5.00 delivery) from Get Composting
- Composting tips
- A tough plastic or glass container with a sealed lid, used with a special type of worm
- Good for people with small or no gardens
- Good for organic kitchen waste (e.g. vegetable peelings, tea leaves, coffee grounds, stale bread and hoover dust
- Produces a high quality compost and a concentrated. liquid feed.
- Buy a wormery - From £65 at Get Composting.