Let us know about someone sleeping rough | Let us know about someone sleeping rough | Oldham Council

Concerned about someone under 18

If you see someone under 18 sleeping rough please call the police.

  • Police general switchboard (24 hours): 101
  • Police emergencies (24 hours): 999

Concerned about someone over 18

If you are concerned about someone over the age of 18 that you have seen sleeping rough you can report it on the SteetLink website:

The details you provide will help support services find the individual and connect them to support.

You'll need to give them this information:

  • A specific location for the rough sleeping site. You can do this by using a map to pinpoint the exact location and then providing a written description of the location.
  • Details of the time that the rough sleeper has been seen at the location.
  • Any information about the rough sleeper that will help find them (gender, approximate age, what the person looks like, what they are wearing).

You will receive details of the action the local authority normally takes when they are told someone is sleeping rough in their area and an update on what has happened as a result of your alert within 10 working days if you have requested it.

StreetLink exists to help end rough sleeping by enabling members of the public to connect people sleeping rough with the local services that can support them.