Website maintenance - Thursday 18 July

We are carrying out some website maintenance on Thursday 18 July between 11am and 2pm. My Account and some online forms may be unavailable during this time. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Once we understand what you need, we might suggest a mix of different care services. Some of these are free, some you might get help to pay for, and some you'll need to pay for on your own.

To see if you qualify for help to pay, you will need a financial assessment.

In the assessment we will ask questions about your income, any savings you have and certain household costs you have to pay, such as your mortgage or rent payments and costs for Council Tax. 

We will use this information to calculate if you have to pay a contribution towards the cost of your social care services.

Request an assesment

If you would like to speak to someone about financial assessments please email the Client Finance Team:

Working out what you will have to pay 

We will not take into account the value of the home you live in, but if you have another home or own any other property or land we will take these into account as capital assets. 

  • If you have savings or assets over £23,250 you will have to pay the full cost of your services
  • If you have savings or assets under £23,250 you could qualify for help to pay for your care

What if I don't want a financial assessment? 

If you choose not to have a financial assessment you will be asked to pay the maximum charge for the services you receive.

Deprivation of assets

You must not give away any of your income, savings, investments, property or any other assets in order to avoid paying social care charges. 

If you do, we will assume you still have them when working out what you should pay. 

Continuing Health Care

If you have complex, ongoing health care needs, the NHS may pay for some or all of your care.

Related documents