The Accessible Information Standard is there to make sure that disabled people who use adult social care services (and their carers) have access to information that they can understand and any communication support they might need. This includes providing you with information in different formats if you need it, such as large print, Braille, embossed, easy read, via email and visual/British Sign Language (BSL) etc.
As part of the standard we will:
- Ask you if you have any information or communication needs, and find out how to meet these needs.
- Record your needs in a set way on your records.
- Highlight your file, so that people delivering your care know your information or communication needs, and how these should be met.
- Share information about your needs with other Trust Teams/Departments, NHS and adult social care providers, when you give your consent or permission to do so.
- Act to make sure that you receive information in the best way for you as well as communication support if you need it.
For more information on the Accessible Information Standard contact Debbie McBride – Quality and Compliance Manager:
- Phone: 0161 770 6685
- Email: email@example.com