Support for learners with additional needs
Our experienced Learning Support Team can help you to access our curriculum offer, ensuring that you have an equal opportunity to study, learn and achieve your potential.
How to access learning support
You can make a request for learning support at any time:
Prior to enrolment
You can ask about learning support at any of our centres, or contact the Learning Support Team:
- Phone: 0161 770 5545 or 0161 770 8266
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
When you have started a course
You may find that you would like some support. You can speak to your tutor or contact the Learning Support Team.
Examples of Learning Support
We offer a person-centered approach to meet your learning needs which could include:
- Building confidence
- Adaptive equipment and technology
- Support for learners with mobility differences
- Support for learners with sensory impairment
- Note-taking or material adaptation
- Readers and scribes
Learning Support Assistants in classes – 1:1 or small group
- Special examination arrangements
- Support with study skills – both in and out of the course session times
How can Learning Support help?
Supported learners comments
- ‘The learning support worker is excellent. They instilled confidence and explained questions which also gave me ideas on how to work things out in a different way’.
- ‘I was studying for GCSE English, it was the only qualification missing which now has enabled me to go to university to do Paramedic studies. I am very happy with her as a support worker,
- ‘The support worker has been there from the start, she knows when to let me work and when to step in and help, she prompts only when necessary and always checks my understanding'
- ‘She breaks down the information and the words. If she knows I am struggling, she will come in and say, try it this way instead. She will suggest other ways of communicating. I couldn’t do without her”