To avoid risks associated with Foot and Mouth disease there is a rigorous regime of licensing which controls the movement of a range of animals.

The most common animals whose movements have to be licensed are sheep, pigs and cattle.

The conditions which apply to these movements vary according to the type of animal, the destination and the type of trip.


Licence application forms are on the DEFRA website