Coronavirus update and advice

Stay at home as much as possible, work from home if you can, limit contact with other people, keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible), wash your hands regularly.

More information

You must apply for a street collection licence if you want to

  • Collect money in a public place
  • Sell items for charity in a public place

A public place is a 'place where the public has access'.

Street collections are usually made by charities and take place in a town centre on busy shopping days.

Licences are monitored so charities aren't all collecting on the same day.


When you send in your application form, we'll send you a return form which must be completed and returned after the collection.


There is no fee for a street collection licence.