Building materials and excavation
If you wish to place building materials on any part of the highway a licence is required.
A licence is not normally necessary if materials are placed on private land. All materials must be placed on private land whenever possible.
- Pay online
- Pay over the phone: 0161 770 6611 (select option 2).
Quote Paying in Code: K36455061D9.
- Placing materials on highways: £62
- Excavation of highways: £227
- Pavement cafe licence (grant): £175
- Pavement cafe licence (renewal): £98
A licence is required for any display that may protrude/project over a public highway.