Cinema | Cinema | Oldham Council

A cinema requires a Premises Licence or a Temporary Event Notice.

Exhibitions produced by video equipment (such as video juke boxes in pubs and video screens in nightclubs) also require a licence.


In some situations you will not need a licence:

  • If the film is to demonstrate a product; advertise goods or services, or provide information, education or instruction
  • If the film is in a museum or art gallery exhibition
  • Television and radio screenings (unless pre-recorded)


Premises licence

Provisional statement:

Premises licence:

Vary a premises licence:

Transfer a premises licence:

Consent of premises licence holder to transfer:

Temporary Events Notice

The serving of a temporary event notice allows the premises user to carry out licensable activities for a short period of time.

There are restrictions on the length of time you can carry out such activities and how often you can serve notices.


Contact the Licensing team for fee rates.

Licensing Team
Sir Robert Peacock House
Vulcan Street
Oldham, OL1 4LA
Phone: 0161 770 4730 / 1

Ways to pay:

  • Pay online
  • Pay over the phone: 0161 770 6611 (select option 2)

Quote Paying in Code: E36455050D9.