House to House and Street Collections | House to House and Street Collections | Oldham Council

You must apply for a street collection licence if you want to

  • Collect money in a public place
  • Sell items for charity in a public place

A public place is a 'place where the public has access'.

Street collections are usually made by charities and take place in a town centre on busy shopping days.

Licences are monitored so charities aren't all collecting on the same day.


When you send in your application form, we'll send you a return form which must be completed and returned after the collection.


There is no fee for a street collection licence.