Council Tax discounts

Disabled people

You may be able to get a reduction in your Council Tax if a disabled person lives at your address and he or she uses a wheelchair indoors, or if the property has:

  • An additional bathroom or kitchen especially for the disabled person, or
  • Another room used mainly to meet the disabled person’s special needs

Even if your property is in Band A (the lowest band) you may still get a reduction.

Apply for a disabled person reduction

If your bill indicates that a discount has been allowed, you must tell the Council of any change of circumstance which affects your entitlement within 21 days. If you fail to do so you may be required to pay a penalty.

Council Tax Team
Access Oldham
Level 4, Civic Centre
West Street
Oldham, OL1 1UG
Tel 0161 770 6622