Bands and charges | Bands and charges | Oldham Council
Get a coronavirus vaccination

Vaccinations are now available to anyone aged 12 or above. Anyone over 12 can book online. Anyone over 16 can visit one of our local vaccine clinics without an appointment.

Get a vaccination

The amount of Council Tax you have to pay depends on which property band your home is in though your bill will be adjusted if you qualify for any Council Tax discounts or exemptions, or if you qualify for help with Council Tax because you have a low income. 

There is one bill per dwelling whether it is a house, bungalow, flat, maisonette, mobile home or houseboat and whether it is owned or rented.

Council Tax Bands

The Council Tax band assigned to a property is based on the property's market value as at 1 April 1991.  

The band on your property is set by The Valuation Office Agency.

Your Council Tax bill states which band applies to your home.

Valuation bands and property values  

Valuation band

Range of values

A Up to and including £40,000
B £40,001 - £52,000
C £52,001 - £68,000
D £68,001 - £88,000
E £88,001 - £120,000
F £120,001 - £160,000
G £160,001 - £320,000
H £320,001 or more