The Oldham Plan - Our Future Oldham - sets out Oldham Council’s ambitious vision for the future of the borough, and how we plan on making Oldham a place that uplifts every resident.
This plan establishes our shared aspirations for people living here, across education, work, our neighbourhoods, and communities.
The plan includes:
- Who we are
- What we know about the future
- What residents want
- Our aim to uplift every resident
- How we’ll make that happen
We have set ourselves a target for 2030. By this time, our aim is that every resident in Oldham will have:
- A well-rounded, enriching, lifelong education
- The opportunity to get a decent job that pays well and offers security and flexibility
- Quick, cheap, and easy transport to every part of the city region
- A home that is affordable, well-maintained, and appropriate
- Timely access to vital services to keep people healthy and safe
- A clean, green, and healthy environment
- Diverse opportunities to get together, with regular activities to boost physical health, mental health and community spirt.
- A local area that meets peoples needs and makes them proud
We have forged this vision following extensive consultation with residents, businesses, community groups and partner organisations across the borough.