The Chief Executive has overall responsibility for Council employees, and operates in conjunction with department heads.
Our Chief Executive is Dr Carolyn Wilkins OBE.
Follow her on Twitter @CWilkinsOldham
Carolyn undertakes the lead chief executive role for Greater Manchester on a range of issues including being the architect for Greater Manchester Leadership and Workforce Development Framework as well as being the lead chief executive for Safer and Stronger Communities and Population Health. In March 2019 she was appointed to the NHS Assembly, a new forum created to advise the Boards of NHS England and NHS Improvement on the delivery of the improvements in health and care outlined in the NHS Long Term Plan. In addition, she is the Chair of the Oldham Maggie’s Fundraising Board and is currently a panel member on an independent inquiry into Civil Society.
Executive Management Team
The Executive Management Team comprises Oldham Council’s most senior officers.
EMT provides managerial leadership of the Council and supports Elected Members of the Council in:
- Developing strategies
- Identifying and planning resources
- Delivering plans
- Reviewing the Authority’s effectiveness with the overall objective of delivering a co-operative future where everyone does their bit to create a confident and ambitious borough
The team works together to achieve the most effective services possible for the Borough’s diverse communities.
It also ensures that Oldham plays a full part in national, regional and sub-regional activities.
- Dr Carolyn Wilkins OBE: Chief Executive and Accountable Officer for Oldham CCG
- Helen Lockwood: Deputy Chief Executive
- Rebekah Sutcliffe: Strategic Director of Reform