Oldham Tenancy Relations Service | Oldham Tenancy Relations Service | Oldham Council
Get a coronavirus vaccination

Book online or visit one of our local vaccine clinics without an appointment.

Get a vaccination

We advise landlords and tenants within the Oldham Borough about their tenancy rights and obligations. The service is for private tenants and not people who rent their homes from the Council or housing associations.

We specialise in giving advice when a tenant is being told to leave their home.

We intervene where it appears that a tenant might be made to leave unlawfully.

This usually involves contacting the landlord and making sure that both landlord and tenant are aware of the law.

Wherever possible, we always try to resolve the issue, however the Council has the authority to prosecute for any illegal evictions that we cannot prevent or any associated criminal offences.

We advise tenants on their rights to obtain certain information from their landlord.

We advise tenants on the protection of their deposits and although we cannot take action to recover money, we can advise tenants how to proceed through the courts.

We can also give advice to leaseholders about their rights and the information they are entitled to.

We give general advise around repairs. However we refer most case to the Council’s Environmental Health Department who can help tenants when a landlord will not carry out repairs and where there are hazards that cause unsafe or unhealthy conditions. 


The service can only help landlords and tenants in the Oldham Borough.

The Tenancy Relations Service operates a telephone advice service on a Wednesday and Thursdays between 10am-3:30pm:

For urgent enquires outside these times please call Housing Options on 0161 770 4605 .