Website maintenance - Thursday 18 July

We are carrying out some website maintenance on Thursday 18 July between 11am and 2pm. My Account and some online forms may be unavailable during this time. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Social housing is provided by housing associations or Oldham Council. 

It exists to help people who can’t afford to rent or buy a home privately. These homes are let to households who are most in need. 

How to apply

To apply for social housing, you need to complete our Housing Options Registration Form.

You need to provide documents to prove your identity and eligibility.

It can take up to 12 weeks for us to process your application.

Housing Options Registration Form

How are properties allocated?

We look at a number of different things in order to prioritise those most in need including:

  • Health issues
  • Medical needs
  • Severe overcrowding
  • Safety concerns
  • Unsuitability of current housing 

The full details of eligibility and how priority is decided are included in the Oldham Council Allocations Scheme:

View available properties

Once you have been added to the housing register you will be able to bid on available properties:

View available properties 

Problems logging in

If you are unable to access your application please check any emails you may have received.

If you have any queries please contact the Housing Options team.