It is important that asylum seekers and refugees needing legal advice secure services from properly qualified and reputable individuals. These will be regulated either by the Solicitors Regulation Authority or the Office of the Information Services Commissioner, and will display their logos in their office.
Asylum seekers receiving asylum support qualify for free legal advice and representation about asylum and immigration. Free legal advice is not always available for appeals.
A website with legal advice is available below:
Contact details for organisations which can provide free legal advice and representation for asylum seekers, can be found on the Community Legal Advice website at:
- Community Legal Advice - GOV.UK website
his website also offers web pages in a number of minority languages, and has a range of useful advice for asylum seekers and refugees.
Government Refugee Loans
These can be used to pay for:
- a rent deposit or rent
- household items
- education and training for work
The person must be over 18 and either:
- a refugee or you’ve been given humanitarian protection
- a dependant of a refugee or someone who’s been given humanitarian protection
- allowed to enter or stay under either of the above after 11 June 2007
- Refugee Intergration Loan - GOV.UK web page
Please visit our legal matters and citizenship directory:
- Legal and Citizen Directory - council web page