It is important that asylum seekers and refugees needing legal advice secure services from properly qualified and reputable individuals.  These will be regulated either by the Solicitors Regulation Authority or the Office of the Information Services Commissioner, and will display their logos in their office. 

Asylum seekers receiving asylum support qualify for free legal advice and representation about asylum and immigration.  Free legal advice is not always available for appeals.   A website with advice about how to get legal advice is:

Contact details for organisations which can provide free legal advice and representation for asylum seekers can be found on the Community Legal Advice website at: This website also offers web pages in a number of minority languages, and has a range of useful advice for asylum seekers and refugees.

Our legal matters and citizenship directory