Website maintenance - Thursday 18 July

We are carrying out some website maintenance on Thursday 18 July between 11am and 2pm. My Account and some online forms may be unavailable during this time. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.


Teaching staff should work with the special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCo) in the school to assess the child or young person’s needs, so that they give the right support.

It should draw on the views and experience of parents and the pupil’s own views. Sometimes schools will seek advice from a specialist teacher or health professional. They should talk to parents and carers about this first.


The school should review the child or young person’s progress, and the difference that the help the pupil has been given has made, on the date agreed in the plan. Parents and the pupil should be involved in the review and in planning the next step.


If the school decides that the child or young person needs SEN support it will discuss this with parents. The school should agree in consultation with parents, carers and the pupil the outcomes that will be set, what help will be provided and a date for progress to be reviewed.


The child or young person’s class or subject teacher is usually responsible for the work that is done with the pupil, and should work closely with any teaching assistants or specialist staff involved.