Putting consultation and engagement lies at the heart of how we work.
Every year we carry out a wide range of consultation about the services that we provide. We seek the views of residents, businesses, visitors, the voluntary and community sector, and other partners to help us to provide better services and to improve the quality of life in Oldham.
Why we consult
We use consultations to:
- work with residents of Oldham to help shape, prioritise and deliver better services
- give residents and businesses the opportunity to influence decisions about local services
- strengthen local democracy
- raise awareness of what the council does and how it does it
- contribute to the continuous improvement of our services to continue to make Oldham a better place