In recognition of on-going restrictions for international leisure travel, events and the night-time economy, we have opened applications for the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) Sector Support Fund specifically for businesses that operate directly in these sectors. Currently, we are open to applications from these businesses only: travel agents, event management companies, night clubs and ticketed live music venues
Purpose of this Grant
- The agreed purpose of this grant is to support businesses that have been adversely affected and are under stress as a consequence of COVID-19. That businesses have suffered a significant and substantial negative impact on trading as a result of COVID-19 compared to previous levels of trading pre-pandemic.
- This grant will support operational costs and overheads and will be aligned with evidence of on-going commercial costs and cannot be used to support wage costs for staff.
- Priority will be given to businesses with a high economic impact (jobs) and commercial property costs.
- Businesses located in the Borough of Oldham.
- The following businesses only: travel agents, event management companies, night clubs and ticketed live music venues.
- Businesses that are solvent and that do not face a striking off notice or liquidation.
- Businesses that do or don’t pay Business Rates.
- Businesses that are sustainable beyond Covid.
- Businesses that were trading on 1 October 2020.
- Bars, restaurants, pubs.
- Visitor accommodation.
- Business and domestic travel related businesses.
- Businesses that form part of the supply chain for travel agents, event management companies, night clubs and ticketed live music venues.
Businesses that operate from commercial premises could receive one-off grants of:
- Not registered for business rates or a RV < £51, 000 = £7,500.
- RV > £51,001 = £10,000
Businesses that operate from non-commercial premises and can evidence on-going commercial costs could receive one-off grants of:
Amounts are not negotiable, and the Councils decision is final. There is no right to appeal a decision and the Council has the right to change the amount of grants awarded/offered without prior notice.
The following table sets out the criteria and rationale for determining a grant award. Only businesses that can evidence the following will be considered for a grant:
- A loss of at least 30% in income.
- On-going commercial costs.
To evidence this you will need to provide the following as part of your application:
- Business bank statements for January and February 2020 and January and February 2021.
- Latest audited accounts.
- Signed and dated lease agreement.
Without this information, applications will not be processed.
Significantly and adversely affected
Businesses that have been impacted by on-going restrictions placed on international leisure travel, the events industry and night-time economy,
Ability to show 30% trading losses as a minimum.
Demonstrate and provide evidence that their business has suffered a significant and substantial negative impact on trading as a result of COVID-19. This cannot be a reduced level of growth compared to forecasts, it must be a reduction on previous levels of trading.
Business description / website /Companies House checks by CM
Bank statements from January and February 2020 and January and February 2021
Copy of latest audited accounts
On-going commercial costs
Must be able to demonstrate significant on-going commercial costs that are still being paid.
These costs must be identified on bank statements.
Copy of signed and dated lease
- Application on-line at tbc
- Only completed applications with all the required supporting documentation will be processed.
- By completing and submitting the application the business confirms that it is eligible for the scheme.
- An acknowledgement email will be sent once an application has been received.
- Grants are subject to eligibility and availability.
- Deadline for applications 5pm on Friday 13 August 2021.
- One-off payment by BACS.
- 1 grant per business not per property.
- Grant income is taxable.
- Businesses must comply with eligibility criteria including state aid.
- Grants are subject to availability.
- Grants will be processed by the Investment Team with the support of business rates, fraud team and finance to help undertake the relevant checks.
- The Investment Team will be responsible for collecting management information re performance.
Please note that the closing date for applications is Friday 13 August 2021