1. Oldham Learning Festival 2019
The Oldham Learning Festival was back again following the success of last summer’s first event. OLF19 took place in the Queen Elizabeth Hall, and fringe events at various sites across the borough, from Monday 1 to Sunday 7 July 2019.
Click the video trailer below to watch Andrew Sutherland, Director of Education, Skills & Early Years give you a preview of what was on offer.
- Adrian Bethune, (Founder of Teachappy) – ‘How to support the emotional health and wellbeing of children in school’ | @AdrianBethune
- Professor Ruth Lupton and Louisa Dawes (School of Environment, Education & Development - The University of Manchester) – ‘Responding to poverty and disadvantage in schools – growing challenges and what schools can do about them’ | @ruthlupton, @LouisaDawes
- Andy Buck (CEO Leadership Matters) ‘Friends, Romans, Countrymen – How all school leaders can create a wholeschool ethos of mastery, empowerment and impact’ | @Andy_Buck
- Geoff Barton (General Secretary ASCL) – ‘Optimistic Leadership in Turbulent Times’ | @RealGeoffBarton
- Dan Owen (Her Majesty's Inspector & Ofsted Specialist Advisor for School Inspection Policy) ‘Improving educational outcomes through the new educational improvement framework’ | @Ofstednews
- Tom Martell (Regional Strategy Lead: Education Endowment Foundation). ‘What does the research evidence tell us about effective curriculum and Pedagogy?’ | @Martell_Tom
- Dr Jo Pearson (Oldham Research School Lead and Teamwork’s Teaching School Alliance) ‘The role of Evidence in meeting Oldham’s challenges’ | @jopearson3
- The REAL David Cameron ‘A national perspective on pedagogy and the curriculum | @realdcameron
- Floyd Woodrow - ‘Preparing the Leaders of Tomorrow’ Compass for Life Model | @floydwoodrow
- Rene Barrett - Managing the Stretch and Strain – Building and Sustaining personal resilience and Resourcefulness | @renebarrett
Presentation and Workshop Resources
- Compass for Life Map
- A national perspective on pedagogy and the curriculum
- How to support the emotional health and wellbeing of children in school
- Literacy at Crompton House
- Google Applied Digital Skills CPD Workshop
- Free i-resilience Report
- DigiSmart Educational Apps
- STEP Physical Literacy Programme
Exhibitors and Organisations at the Festival Market Place
- List of OLF19 Exhibitors (PDF)
You can view the full OLF19 Programme Guide for all the events that took place at the Queen Elizabeth Hall during the festival week.
Contact us for if you have a query regarding the festival or would like to suggest ideas for the next festival.