Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Oldham Residents' Panel.
Oldham Residents' Panel is just one of the ways the council listens to the views of residents.
The Residents' Panel is made up of ordinary members of the community who want to have a say in the local area and help to shape council plans and improve the services we offer.
As part of the Residents' Panel, you will volunteer to take part in regular surveys and focus groups and share your views about the things that matter to you.
Join the Oldham Residents' Panel
- are you a resident of Oldham?
- are you aged 16 or over?
- do you want to represent your community?
- do you want your views heard by Council decision-makers?
- do you want to make a difference?
- do you want to add something different to your CV?
How it works
Every so often, you will be contacted by the council to take part in a short survey, telephone interview, or face-to-face focus group. We will ask you a few questions about your priorities, your views, and experiences, and the kinds of services and support you access in the local area.
Once the project has concluded, we collate all the information we have received and this is analysed to understand how residents feel about a particular issue. You will remain anonymous and will not be identified in any way.
We then prepare a report that details all the information and views residents have shared with us. This is shared with the relevant service area and will be crucial in helping to inform their decisions.
Our commitment to you
- We will be open and transparent about the information we are seeking and why
- We will do our best to accommodate your needs and ensure we communicate with you in the most appropriate way
- We welcome diversity and actively encourage a broad range of views
- Where possible, we will keep you informed of how your views have shaped council plans
- Your data will remain anonymous and you are free to leave the panel at any time
- You do not have to take part in any activity you do not want to and can opt-out at any time
To sign up, please complete the short form