This grant is for:
- Businesses that have adversely impacted by local and national restrictions imposed by central government.
- Businesses in the leisure and hospitality sectors that are based at home and can evidence on-going fixed commercial costs. It also includes driving instructors.
- Fixed commercial costs include lease agreements for vehicles, machinery, utility, insurance costs.
Priority will be given to businesses with a high economic impact (jobs).
This grant is not available for loss of income to support wage or employment costs.
Grant income is taxable.
Businesses must comply with eligibility criteria including state aid.
Grants are subject to availability.
Grants will be processed by the Investment Team with the support of business rates, fraud team and finance to help undertake the relevant checks.
The Investment Team will be responsible for collecting management information re performance.
Hospitality is defined as: businesses such as visitor accommodation, bars, restaurants, cafes that offer food and drink to be consumed within the premises or a place to sleep.
Leisure is defined as: recreation, entertainment, sports and tourism businesses.
To be eligable for this grant you must be a:
- Business located in the Borough of Oldham.
- Business that was trading on 1 August 2020.
- Business that is solvent and that does not face a striking off notice or liquidation.
- Business that does or does not pay Business Rates.
Applications will be processed on a first come first served basis.
One off grants of £5,500.
Amounts are not negotiable and the Councils decision is final.
There is no right to appeal a decision and the Council has the right to change the amount of grants awarded/offered without prior notice.
- Only completed applications with all the required supporting documentation will be processed.
- Evidence of commercial costs must be provided. This includes bank statements highlighting costs, lease agreements, audited income and expenditure statements or accounts.
- By completing and submitting the application the business confirms that it is eligible for the scheme.
- An acknowledgement email will be sent once an application has been received.
- One-off payment by BACS
- 1 grant per business
Examples of businesses in leisure and hospitality sector
- Sandwich shops
- Coffee shops
- live music venues
- Hotels, Guest and Boarding Houses
- Holiday homes
- Caravan parks and sites
- Sports grounds and clubs
- Museums and art galleries
- Sport and leisure facilities
- Stately homes and historic houses
- Tourist attractions
- Wellness centres, spas, massage parlours
- Casinos, gambling clubs and bingo halls
- Events businesses