This grant closes for applications at 5pm on Friday 5 June 2021
This grant offers discretionary financial support to businesses that supply products or services directly to the leisure and hospitality sectors and have been severely affected by local and national restrictions.
- Hospitality is defined as: businesses such as visitor accommodation, bars, restaurants, cafes that offer food and drink to be consumed within the premises or a place to sleep.
- Leisure is defined as: recreation, entertainment, sports and tourism businesses
Priority will be given to businesses that operate out of commercial premises but applications from businesses that have at least 2 employees will also be considered.
Who is eligible for this grant?
- Businesses located in the Borough of Oldham.
- Businesses that are solvent and that do not face a striking off notice or liquidation.
- Businesses that form part of the direct supply chain for the leisure and hospitality sectors.
- Businesses that operate from commercial premises or have at least 2 employees.
Who is not eligible?
- Businesses that have chosen to close or are not trading.
- Businesses that were established after 1 Aug 2020
- Businesses which have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State Aid permitted under the de minimis and the Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework;
- Businesses that are in administration, are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made.
Subject to availability, businesses liable for Business Rates could receive one-off grants of:
- Rateable Value (RV) of less than £15k = £5,500.
- Rateable Value between £15,001 - £51,000 = £8,000.
- Rateable Value of more than £51k = £12,000.
Businesses that are not registered or liable for Business Rates will qualify for a payment of £5,500.
Amounts are not negotiable and the Councils decision is final.
- Priority will be given to businesses with a high economic impact (jobs).
- The grant is not available for loss of income to support wage or employment costs.
- There is limited funding available for discretionary grants, so we may not be able to support every business who applies.
- Only completed applications with all the required supporting documentation will be processed.
- By completing and submitting the application the business confirms that it is eligible for the scheme.
- Businesses can only apply for 1 grant per business and not per property.
- Grants will be paid on the businesses RV on the date of application even if there is an appeal pending.
- There is no right to appeal a decision and the Council has the right to change the amount of grants awarded/offered without prior notice.
- This grant is funded by the Additional Restrictions Grant.
Oldham Council will use your data for the processing of your Additional Restrictions Grant application.
We may check the information you provide or the information about you which somebody else provides, with other details we hold. If the law allows us, we may also receive information from other people or organisations or give information to them to check the accuracy of records, to prevent or detect crime, or to protect public funds in other ways.
We will share information with the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy to support the monitoring of the business grant schemes.
It is the policy of the Council to publish the names of all business grant recipients in accordance with the transparency agenda.
All information is processed in accordance with the Council’s data protection policy (www.oldham.gov.uk/dataprotection).