You can get a vaccination if:
- you are 18 or older on, or before, July 1
- you are at high risk from Coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
- you have a condition that puts them at higher risk (clinically vulnerable)
- you have a learning disability
- you live or work in a care home
- you are a health and social care worker
- you are the main carer for someone at high risk from Coronavirus
The order in which people will be offered the vaccine is based on advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
Book a vaccination
If you fall into one or more of the categories above, you can book a vaccine appointment online.
These appointments will take place at Greater Manchester’s regional vaccination centre at the Etihad Campus in east Manchester.
You do not need to wait to be contacted by the NHS.
- Book a coronavirus vaccination - NHS website
If you would like to receive your vaccination locally, you can wait to for an appointment via your GP however this may mean waiting a little longer to be vaccinated.
If you have been offered an appointment for a Coronavirus vaccination but had to cancel or you just weren’t able to make the slot offered, you can book another appointment by:
- booking an appointment online: Book your coronavirus vaccination - NHS website
- calling your GP surgery
- calling 119
Previously, the NHS had offered second doses up to 12 weeks after your first which is within the time period experts had recommended.
However, due to new variants of Coronavirus, those at greatest risk can now get their second dose earlier - at around 8 weeks after their first.
The NHS will contact you with information on how you can book an earlier appointment.
If it has been 12 - 14 weeks since your first jab and you still have not been contacted for a second appointment, please contact the location where you had your first vaccine to arrange another appointment.
If it has been 14 weeks or more since your first vaccine and you still have not received an appointment for your second dose please contact the NHS Oldham Clinical Commissioning Group Customer Services team by emailing:
They will work with your GP surgery to provide alternatives.
There are six vaccination centres currently open across the borough:
- Moorside Medical Practice
- Royton Health and Wellbeing Centre
- Greenbank Medical Practice
- Integrated Care Centre
- Fields new Road Primary Care Centre
- Failsworth Group Practice
These are in addition to the Greater Manchester Vaccination Centre at the Etihad Campus in east Manchester.
We are also running pop-up Coronavirus Vaccination Centres across the borough to make it even easier for people to receive the vaccine in their communities.
People will be invited to attend these clinics as and when they take place.