New Covid19 measures commencing 14 September mean that you must not meet with people from other households socially in groups of more than 6 people.
Restrictions designed to stop the spread of coronavirus in Oldham mean that you can not socialise with anyone who does not live in your house (unless they are part of your support bubble).
For voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise groups and organisations there are exceptions where groups can be larger than 6 people, however you can not socialise with anyone who does not live in your house at these groups.
Community facilities following COVID-19 secure guidelines can run children's groups and other youth activities, subject to their own capacity limits.
Support groups (such as victim support and mental health groups) can take place in gatherings of any number (subject to capacity) in a facility following COVID-19 secure guidelines if organised by a:
- charitable, benevolent or philanthropic institution
- public body
to provide mutual aid, therapy or any other form of support to its members or those who attend its meetings.
Venues following COVID-19 secure guidelines will be able to continue to host more people in total - such as religious services in places of worship.
- leisure venues
- place of worships
When you visit one of these places you should:
- not socialise with anyone who does not live in your house (unless they are part of your support bubble).
- provide your contact details to the organiser so that you can be contacted if needed by the NHS Test and Trace programme - gov.uk website
Activities and social groups where there is a significant likelihood of groups from different households mixing and socialising should not take place in a community facility.
These may include but are not limited to:
- formal or informal clubs and hobby clubs (e.g. women’s institute, veteran’s associations, freemasons, sewing clubs, book clubs, crafts clubs, reading groups)
- amateur choirs and orchestras
- informally organised sport activities on facilities grounds (professionally organised sport activities are exempt)
The Governement has published guidance for reopening comunity facillities:
It is important to note however that the additional restrictions that are in place in Oldham still apply: