To register for a proxy vote please complete a proxy voting application form (please note there are different forms, depending on why you can’t get to the polling station, make sure you complete the right one) :
- Proxy voting application forms - gov.uk website
Once completed this form should be returned to our elections team
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Elections Office, Oldham Council, West Street, Oldham, OL1 1UL
Deadline to register for a proxy vote
The deadline to register for a proxy vote is 5pm on 27 April 2021.
What is a proxy vote
A proxy vote is for when you cannot get to the polling station on polling day so you appoint somebody to cast your vote for you.
Your appointed person must be allowed to vote in UK elections and willing to vote for you.
You can only appoint someone to cast your vote if:
- You are an overseas or service voter
- You have a physical disability
- You are away from home due to work or a course
- You have to travel by air or sea to get to your nearest polling station
In all these cases (except if you are registered blind) you must ask someone to certify on your application that the reason is valid (for example, your doctor or employer).