Vehicles which appear to have been abandoned are dealt with by Greater Manchester Police in the first instance.

To report a vehicle you suspect has been abandoned, please call the police’s non-emergency number on 101

Greater Manchester police will deal with
  • stolen vehicles
  • vehicles in a dangerous condition
  • vehicles which are of police interest
  • vehicles which are causing an obstruction to the public highway
If the vehicle does not fit with these standard criteria, the vehicle would be passed to Oldham Council to establish whether or not further action is necessary.

Please note, regardless of what type of land the vehicle in question is found on, if the vehicle has a registered keeper, is taxed, is parked legally i.e. not causing obstruction to the public highway and is in good condition, then neither the police nor Oldham Council would deem this to be abandoned and no action will be taken.