Your library has a wide range of specialist resources to support job seeking and identifying training and learning opportunities.
- Information about training and learning opportunities
- Local and national newspapers
- Computers with free Internet access in all libraries to search for job vacancies, produce a CV and apply for jobs online
- National Careers Service support at Oldham library, please ask for details
Ask library staff for more information about any of these resources.
Regular events and workshops to support job seeking, including annual jobs and skills fairs
See our online calendar for details
Ask about Jobseeking
Visit the Ask About Business website for all the best job seeking information in one place from CV writing and job interview techniques to time saving tools and links to online job sites.
The Oldham Work Club Network coordinates work clubs across Oldham offering support with job seeking, including help with CVs and job applications.
- Tuesday, 10.00am - 2.00pm at Failsworth Library
- Thursday, 1.00pm - 3.00pm at Limehurst Library
- Thursday, 2.00pm - 4.00pm at Fitton Hill Library
Get Oldham Working
The National Careers Service run a drop-in service in Oldham Library. Give them a call on 07872503659 anytime between 9am and 3pm Monday to Friday to book an appointment.
For general employment support in Oldham, please drop in to Get Oldham Working offices during office hours at:
Or give them a call on 0161 770 4674
Free CISCO NetAcad online courses
Introduction to Cybersecurity: Explore the broad topic of cybersecurity in a way that matters to you
Introduction to the Internet of Things: Provides an overview of key concepts and challenges related to digital transformation
Introduction to Packet Tracer: A course designed for beginners with no prior networking knowledge
NDG Linux Unhatched: The "start from scratch" Linux course. A quick intro to the popular operating system.
Get Connected: Introduces you to basic computer and Internet navigation skills