Your library has a wide range of specialist resources to support job seeking and identifying training and learning opportunities.
- Information about training and learning opportunities
- Local and national newspapers
- Computers with free Internet access in all libraries to search for job vacancies, produce a CV and apply for jobs online
- Fame and Mint UK available online in all libraries to generate mailing lists to distribute your CV and get detailed company information to prepare for interview.
- National Careers Service support at Oldham library, please ask for details
Ask library staff for more information about any of these resources.
Regular events and workshops to support job seeking, including annual jobs and skills fairs
See our online calendar for details
MyWorkSearch is an online toolkit that helps jobseekers find job opportunities. It includes a job finder, a CV builder and you can take part in online courses (webinars) to improve your job search skills.
To use this service, you must come into the library and create a personal MyWorkSearch account on any library computer. You’ll receive a verification email with an activation code. Once you have created your new login, you can then use the service at home or in the library.
Ask about Jobseeking
Visit the Ask about Business website for all the best job seeking information in one place from CV writing and job interview techniques to time saving tools and links to online job sites.
The Oldham Work Club Network coordinates work clubs across Oldham offering support with job seeking, including help with CVs and job applications.