Age UK Oldham can offer you independent information and a support service to help you make this important change in your life.
Age UK Oldham can provide you with the following:
Vacancies in Oldham
Age UK Oldham can help you find out which homes have space available.
Free information pack
Includes a variety of leaflets and general information, which you will find useful if you are considering moving into a care home.
Details about each care home
Find out more about what each home has on offer and answer some of the questions you may have
- How many other residents live there?
- What type of care does the home provide?
- Can they provide diets suitable for different cultural or medical needs?
- Are visitors able to visit anytime?
- Are pets welcome?
- What activities are on offer to you?
- What is the homes policy on smoking?
- Does the home have any arrangements in place for you to carry out religious practices?
- What will it cost you and what will be included in the cost?
You can also access details about each care home on the Age Concern Oldham website.
Support with the decision making progress
A staff member from Age UK will explain the choices you have and help you to make your own decision.
The Care Quality Commission carries out checks on all care homes to make sure that standards are met.
Age UK Oldham has copies of reports on each home in the borough of Oldham for you to view.
Find out the financial implications of moving into a care home and learn about benefits.
Visits to homes
You can go on an accompanied visit to local homes and Age UK Oldham can arrange for suitable transport.
Follow up after your move
Age UK Oldham offers a follow up service for at least four weeks after you have moved into your new home.
It can take a while for you to settle in to your new surroundings and a big change like this can take a lot of getting used to.
Is there a charge for using this service?
No. This service is free, independent, impartial and confidential.