Free early education for 3 and 4 year olds
Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP)
From April 2015, children who are currently claiming the Free Entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds in Oldham, who meet certain eligibility criteria, could be eligible for the Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP).
The Early Years Pupil Premium is additional funding available for investment in improving outcomes for children.
Children will be eligible if they are 3 or 4 years old and receiving Government funded Free Entitlement in any OFSTED registered childcare provider and their parents are in receipt of one or more of the benefits used to access eligibility for free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
or if they have been:
- Looked after by the local authority for at least one day
- Have been adopted from care
- Have left care through special guardianship; and
- Subject to a child arrangement order setting out with whom the child is to live (formerly known as residence orders)
Your childcare provider will be able to check your eligibility for entitlement to EYPP when they claim your childs 3 & 4 year old free early education entitlement.
You will need to provide them with your surname, National Insurance Number, date of birth and where applicable NAS number.
How the EYPP is used
The EYPP is a premium available to the childcare provider your child attends for their Free Entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds. The premium will be used by your childcare provider to improve the learning experiences which benefit the development of your child.
The EYPP is paid directly to your childcare provider as part of their normal funding claim.
At inspection OFSTED will ask your childcare provider to show evidence of how the money has been spent and the difference it had made to those children who are eligible to receive EYPP funding.
Any OFSTED registered childcare provider can claim the EYPP if the parents/carers using their service for the Free Entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds are eligible.
for more information talk to your childcare provider or email the Free Entitlement Team: