Town Centre Masterplan
Oldham Town Centre Masterplan – have your say
We need your views on an ambitious new vision to deliver the Oldham town centre of the future.
You are invited to view the plans and have your say on the proposals:
|Date / Time||Drop-in venue|
|Wednesday 11 12-1.30pm||Tommyfield Market|
|Thursday 12 12-2pm||Staff drop-in session at Oldham Civic Centre|
|Wednesday 18 10am-12noon||Chadderton Market|
|Tuesday 24 10am – 1pm||Crompton Library|
|Thursday 26 10am – 12noon||Shaw Market|
|Wednesday 1 1-2pm||Tommyfield Market|
|Thursday 2 10-12noon||Royton Market|
|Thursday 2 1.30 – 3pm||Royton Town Hall|
|Tuesday 7 11am-1pm||Tesco – Featherstall Road, Westwood|
|Wednesday 8|| Oldham Civic Centre*
*Drop-in session for residents and councillors from 4pm prior to Full Council meeting at 6pm
|Friday 10 11.30am – 1.30pm||Egyptian Room, Old Town Hall, Parliament Square|
|Saturday 11 11.30am – 2.30pm||Oasis Academy - Hollins Road, Hollinwood|
|Wednesday 15 12-2pm||Failsworth Town Hall|
|Friday 24 11am – 1pm||Chadderton Library and Wellbeing Centre|
|Thursday 30 2-4pm||Delph Library|
|Saturday 2 11am – 2pm|| Brass Monkeys event – Oldham town centre*
* Consultation in Egyptian Room, Old Town Hall, Parliament Square
|Wednesday 6 1-3pm||Uppermill Library|
|Thursday 7 12-2pm||Staff drop-in session at the Civic Centre|
|Monday 11 1-4pm||Oldham Library and Lifelong Learning Centre|
|Tuesday 12 2 – 3.30pm||Greenfield Library|
|Wednesday 13 10am-12noon||Lees Library|
You can also part in our online consultation until 30 December 2017.
Work has been ongoing for some time to develop a masterplan looking ahead to 2035.
This looks at five strategic sites totalling 21 acres in size and seeks to find better uses that can redevelop and improve the town centre.
The benefits would include the building of new homes, 55,000 sq metres of new and refurbished employment space, and economic activity worth an additional £50 million a year to Oldham’s economy.
If every masterplan element is delivered it could be worth an estimated 560 full-time jobs during construction, plus up to 700 new jobs in Oldham.
This plan is the first step towards creating a town centre that works better and is aspirational for everyone – from residents to families, public sector partners and businesses/traders of all sizes.
The proposals include plans to:
- Build a new Tommyfield Market on the existing site with a new 600-capacity multi-storey car park to attract additional visitors - plus complementary new retail/leisure units and quality public spaces.
- Create a new Civic Hub using land including the former Oldham Sports Centre. This would be home to agencies from across the public sector sharing accommodation and costs, plus new commercial office space.
- A potentially refurbished Queen Elizabeth Hall with a new hotel, offices and homes could go on the current Civic Centre, Magistrates Court and Oldham Police Station sites.
- Additional homes could be built at the current Rock Street car park site and the surrounding area.
Town Centre Masterplan