3. Assessments

In order to access more support your child must have an assessment.

The assessment will be carried out by the Social Worker who will guide you through the process.

If your child’s assessment shows that they need more short breaks support, then an in-depth assessment will be carried by your social worker. The social worker then works with you to decide what would best meet your needs.

After the assessment a request will be made to the resource panel to ask for a short breaks service (see below).

Alongside the assessment process you will also be offered the opportunity to work on an assessment tool that will give an indication of score for a Personal Budget (if that is an option for short breaks support that you are interested in). Your social worker will discuss this option with you.