Chadderton is a diverse area, with farmland, industrial and commercial land use, parks, public buildings, and shopping areas.
There is a strong sense of cultural and historic pride in the area.
How decisions are made about your neighbourhood
All the elected members for the Chadderton District Wards regularly come together as the District Executive to discuss and make decisions about things that affect local people.
The District Executive sets the local priorities in the District Plan, and works closely with services and partners to achieve these priorities.
Its led by the District Executive Chair, who is supported by the Vice Chair. The Chair and Vice Chair champion the interests of the district at a borough-wide level and support many important events and initiatives throughout the district.
- Chadderton District Executive Chair: Cllr Graham Shuttleworth
- Chadderton District Executive Vice Chair: Cllr Eddie Moores
Meet with the District Executive
District Executive meetings are open to the public to come and observe. You can also submit questions to your elected members to be answered at the District Executive meeting. The minutes and agendas of these meetings are all available on-line.
If you would like to submit a question to the District Executive you can do so by letter, email or in person at any time before noon, two clear working days before the meeting. Please see the published agenda for further details.
Challenge a decision made by the District Executive
If you disagree with a decision made by your District Executive, you can collect 100 signatures to force the Overview and Scrutiny Committee to review the decision.
There are some exceptions, details available in the petition template.
Priorities for Chadderton
- Ensure safe, good quality youth provision and activities are available.
- Supporting and promoting mental health interventions for children and young people.
- Reducing social isolation and loneliness in elderly people.
- Supporting elderly people to keep active and well.
- Empowering our voluntary groups to lead on community events and access local funding streams.
- Continuing commitment to invest in crime prevention measures and improve safety in Chadderton.
- Support and empower local groups and community members to improve, enhance and maintain their local environment
- Ensure that local people know more about what's happening in their area, and are able to have a voice, through the District Facebook page and various community networks and groups.
- Provide local Citizen Advice sessions for residents in need of financial or legal advice
Find out what's going on in your area
Love where you live
Love where you live is about everybody doing their bit to help make Oldham a great place to live.
Your District Team
Your District Team works at district level to improve the neighbourhoods they serve. The team is led by a District Co-ordinator who works with a wide range of services and organisations to meet the unique needs of the District.
Your District Co-ordinator:
Councillors and ward surgeries
Find out who your local Councillors are.
Councillors hold regular ward surgeries where you can discuss any issues in your neighbourhood.
Ward profiles show economic and social data for an area.