4. Your Oldham - #YourStreet
Streets are public spaces that belong to everyone. Through getting involved in your local area, you can help shape the future of where you live.
Our streets are an essential part of community life. They have a big impact on the way we live, how active we are, how well we know our neighbours and our overall wellbeing.
Do you want to make a difference and get involved in community life in Oldham? Here you can find out about all the things that you can do, how to get involved and where to get more information.
Getting involved can be really rewarding. Apart from the difference that you will make to other people's lives, you can gain new skills, spark a new area of interest, meet new people, discover more about yourself and have a lot of fun.
Watch: #YourOldham #NEON video
The video highlights the great things that are going on in our communities locally.
Tell us about it
How do you get involved in your local community? Do you know of any community groups or local people that are making a real difference in their local area?
We would love your views on these street-related questions:
- What is going on in your street?
- What makes your street a great place to live?
Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details or using the #YourOldham #YourEnvironment on social media.
How can you get involved?
- Do you have a place in your community you think deserves notice? We want to know about it. Just email: email@example.com telling us about what makes it special.
- Have you or your community organised an event, improved your neighbourhood or got a success story to share? Tell us about it, or submit photographs for the Gallery. Include a description of what happened, when, where and why. Who was involved, and what did you achieve.
- What makes your community unique? Do you live near a great local restaurant, a fabulous park or innovative library? What makes your neck of the woods stand out?
Get involved in volunteering
Volunteering can make a difference to people in your community and yourself. Volunteering is so diverse, there are many activities available. It doesn't matter what your level of work experience or skills are, there is a voluntary role out there that you can get involved in. Visit Action Together’s website to see how you can get involved.