2. Your Oldham - #YourFood
Whether you are interested in eating it, growing it, cooking it or even selling it, Oldham has something for everyone.
Did you know?
- The Real Junk Food Project video highlighting the great things that are going on with food locally
- There are a number of projects and initiatives which you can read more about by clicking on one of the links below
Tell us about it
- Do you know of any local growing schemes, cooking classes, or food enterprises that you would like to give a shout out,
- Tell us where do you like to eat in Oldham?
- Tweet use using the hashtags #youroldham #yourfood
How can you get involved?
The first of our #youroldham animations which aims to inform and inspire viewers about community growing and food banks amongst other things.
Get Oldham Growing
Get Oldham Growing aims to get communities in Oldham active and engaged in food growing, to improve health and develop opportunities for new social businesses in the local food economy.
Oldham Food Network
Inspiring everyone to do their bit to grow the Borough – be it, cooking, growing, sharing or eating!
NEON Community Centre
A community network has been developed in East Oldham which is enabling local voluntary and community groups to come together, share resources, experiences and skills
ifOldham – Incredible Futures Oldham
A non-profit social enterprise, improving the well-being of people and their local environment through practical action
Chapatti & Chai
The Chapatti & Chat book, written by the Women’s CHAI Project, is a creative way of helping South Asian communities dish up healthy dishes.
You can download your free copy by clicking the link below