Residential parking permits
If you live in an area controlled by a Resident Parking Scheme and have a vehicle, you may apply for a resident permit.
Resident permits will only be issued to applicants who are residing at an address within the Resident Parking Scheme Area.
Applicants must produce evidence of their address such as:
Vehicle registration document
All spaces are sign posted and drivers should check the signs and time before parking to ensure that the vehicle is parked in a valid bay.
There is no charge for a Resident Permit.
Visitors to residential parking areas
Visitors to areas where there is Resident Only parking must park within the sections of limited waiting or display a visitors pass where applicable.
Visitors must not park within the areas designated for Resident Parking.
You can apply for a temporary permit if, for example, you hire a car.
Renewing a parking permit
To renew a Parking Permit please contact the Parking Shop.
Applying for new residential parking schemes
Residents’ only parking schemes are considered in areas where parking has become a problem for local residents due to the high number of non-residents who park in the area for long periods throughout the week. The following do not qualify for residents only parking:
- Beginning and end of school day problems
- Occasional evening school functions
- Occasional public events
- High numbers of residents parking locally
All requests for resident parking will be considered in-line with our guidelines, the main criteria of which are listed below. If a request does meet our criteria then the application will only be processed when a budget becomes available.
Residents' only parking criteria includes:
- Areas suffering a problem over a significant period within any 24 hours
- Areas where less than 50% of properties have off street parking
- At least 50% of properties consulted should be in favour of the scheme
- A minimum of one space per household must be accommodated in the scheme
- Limited waiting will be provided, where possible, for visitors, shops, and businesses