Work equipment covers an enormous range spanning process machinery, office equipment, hand tools, ladders and pressure washers. Employers have a duty when selecting and providing employees with equipment.
The important points for selecting equipment are:
- Selecting the right equipment for the job
- Making sure the equipment is safe to use
- Keeping equipment safe through regular maintenance, inspection and, if appropriate, thorough examination
- Training employees to use equipment safely and follow manufacturers or suppliers instructions
Specific requirements and guidance
- Work equipment and machinery - HSE website