8. How to make a complaint, comment or suggestion

What you think is really important to us and we want you to let us know if we have done something well, or if you have a suggestion about how you think we can do things better.

We try hard to get things right, but sometimes despite our best efforts things can go wrong. If you are leaving care and are unhappy with the support you are receiving you have the right to complain. We will try to put things right quickly and if needed improve the way we do things in future.

Call 0161 770 6598 or email your complaint, compliment or suggestion to careleavers@oldham.gov.uk

You could also write a letter and send it to: After Care Team, Unit 7 – 13 Whitney Court, Southlink Business Park, Oldham, OL4 1DB.

What happens next?

Step 1 - You make your complaint in writing or by email or phone.

Step 2 - The after care team manager will talk to you within three days.

Step 3 - The after care team manager will then write to you within five days.

Step 4 - If you are not satisfied with our response your complaint will be passed onto our head of service.

Step 5 - The head of service will then write to you within 14 days.

Step 6 - Hopefully your complaint will be resolved but if you are still unhappy you can make a formal complaint. Your complaint will then be passed to Oldham Council’s Complaints and Representations Officer.

Can I get help making my complaint?

making a complaint then you can get it from your:

  • After care worker - telephone 0161 770 6598 or email careleavers@oldham.gov.uk
  • Children’s Rights Officer – telephone 0161 633 5991 or email oldhamchildrensrights@childrenssociety.org.uk
  • Personal advisor
  • Complaints and Representations Officer – telephone 0161 770 1129 or email cypf.complaints@oldham.gov.uk