Oldham Council offers a range of services to support people who are affected by adoption.
- Support for adopted children
- Support for adoptive parents and families
- Support for birth parents and relatives
- Support for adopted adults
- Adoption Support Fund
You can request adoption support at any point and this continues to be available after the Adoption Order is made. There is recognition that adoption has life long implications.
If you require adoption support Oldham Council will provide you with advice and information and if requested will undertake an adoption support assessment.
Oldham Adoption ServiceOldham Adoption Service is able to provide a range of different kinds of adoption support including:
- Information and advice
- Support groups
- Assistance with accessing birth records
- An assessment for support, which may include a range of services.
- Supporting post adoption contact
- Duty Officer available to respond to enquiries 5 days a week.
If you live in Oldham and have adopted a child from another authority and the Adoption Order was granted less than three years ago, you can access adoption support from the local authority that placed your child.